The intense conflict in the Middle East is a reason for Christians to pray. Thousands of people have been killed since Hamas attacked Israel on Oct. 7.
As part of its ongoing ministry assignment of assisting churches through elevating the ministry of prayer, the SBC Executive Committee has created the prayer guide linked at the bottom of this message. The guide is also available in Spanish, Chinese and Korean.
Would you pray with us as we ask God to comfort those who are grieving, bring peace in the Middle East and guide political leaders to act with Godly wisdom?
Please join in praying through:
- Romans 13 where we learn that God has given governing authorities to protect the innocent and bring justice to evil doers.
- Romans 9:15-16 as we ask God to show compassion on those suffering because of the ongoing war in Israel and Gaza.
- Micah 6:8 as we learn how the Lord desires for humanity to live.
- Psalm 34:14 where God’s people are called to pursue peace.
- John 14:6 as we ask the Lord to draw Israelis and Palestinians to Jesus Christ.
May God bring peace to the Middle East.